Sunday, January 07, 2007

Letter from the orphanage

Well, we didn't hear anything this week. It's possible that nothing was sent to our agency this time around. We'll just keep waiting. An exciting thing this week was receiving a letter from Meili's orphanage on Thursday. In December we sent a letter introducing ourselves and asking the workers at Meili's orphanage to answer some questions about Meili. We had someone translate and mail it with a self-addressed-stamped envelope. They filled the sheet out and mailed it back! Henry and I were so excited to look at it. We sat down together and opened it up. All in Chinese! Oops, duh!!! We didn't even think about that. Right now my parents' neighbor Jimmy is translating it for us. He thinks he will have it done on Monday. Here are the questions they answered for us. We can't wait to know what they answers are!

1. Who chose her name and why?
2. Has she had any health problems or allergies?
3. What medical treatment has she received?
4. What are her favorite foods and activities?
5. How would you describe her personality?
6. Does she have any likes/dislikes/sensitivities?
7. What makes her happy?
8. Is she close to any particular nanny? What is this nanny's name?
9. Was there a note or any other memento found with her?
10. Do you have her finding ad? Can we have a copy?

3 comments:

Mary said...

Ooo!! This is so cool! I can't wait until you get the answers!!

Good to see you last night. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am stephanie's classmate and I am a chinese. She told me your blog before and the thing you will adopt a chinese baby. So I kept checking your blog once a while to see what's going on with you and Meili. If you need translation help next time, you can call me 612-987-1274, I am willing to help. My name is Liang Wang.

Anonymous said...

I remember Jimmy from Dad's townhouse board meetings... never would have thought of him for a translator; rules!