It's felt like a long few months of waiting since we sent our paperwork to Hong Kong at the end of August. Today we finally got an email from them asking some follow-up questions about our home and family. This is a normal part of the process and it means that they are actually working on our case right now. We wrote our responses right away and sent them off to our case worker, hoping to get things back to Hong Kong before the Thanksgiving holiday.
Speaking of Thanksgiving... I'd just like to mention how thankful I am for all of the people who have been supporting us through this adoption. Our families have been wonderful. Our church has been so supportive. Our friends are excited for us. And I am blessed with SO many supportive people in the Christian school community where I work. Many teachers, staff and even families at my school have purchased t-shirts (T-Shirts) to support us! When I see them wearing the shirts to school it's such a great reminder of the Christian community and support we have there. There are others who support us by buying our chicken eggs which is so great! Well-timed notes and emails of encouragement always seems to find me at the right time. And recently, we've been overwhelmed with financial gifts and reminders of all of the people lifting us up in prayer as we move into the next step of the process. Thank you. It's humbling to be reminded over and over that God holds us and this adoption in his hands and that you are all there with us along the way. Thanks for being God's hands, and eyes, and ears to us! We are so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment