This week we'll be celebrating Meili's Gotcha Day! One year ago, on January 30, we met Meili for the first time and took her home (to our hotel)! Her adoption was finalized the next day but we'll celebrate on the 30th because it's the day we were all finally together. Here are some pictures from Meili's Gotcha Day.


Leaving Beijing for Hangzhou that morning (Jan. 30).

Our hotel room...

The Civil Affairs office where we met Meili.

Holding Meili for the first time.

We just wanted to watch Meili and play with her - get to know her -
but there was a bunch of paperwork that we had to fill out.

In the taxi going back to our hotel...

Meili and her dad!
2 comments:
I remember clearly the day I picked you guys up from the airport. What a wonderful day that was to welcome her (and you!) home to GR! It's amazing to think that a whole year has gone by - and all the memorable experiences you've already made together as a blessed family of God. Oh, I'm so happy for all of you!
Love,
A. Kim
Happy Gotcha Day! Wow... has it really been a year already? Hope you had fun celebrating the day God finally brought you together as a family. I'll try to stop by your room one of these days, Liz. It's been ages since we've chatted.
Sheryl
Post a Comment